By Linda Sue Mckenzie
* 1 1/2 cups quinoa
* 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1 1/2 cups cooked corn kernels, cut from 2 ears of corn
* 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
* 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place quinoa in a 2 quart pot of boiling salted water, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
Remove from heat but keep covered for 15 minutes more.
Transfer quinoa to large bowl and cool. Add bean mixture, corn, red pepper and cilantro, tossing well.
* 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/3 cup extra- virgin olive oil
Whisk together lime juice, salt and cumin in a small bowl. Slowly stream in olive oil, whisking.Drizzle salad with dressing and toss well.
This can be made the day before and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.